Friday, March 20, 2009

kucing terbunuh kerana semangat ingin tahu...


(Gambar hiasan) choki tidur mati

as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat... don't know exactly which cat it is referring to (hopefully none of mine ^_-), but surely enough, curiosity had certainly sculptured my life's path...

the Almighty had bestowed me with bright brain when i was a kid... high level of curiosity had driven me to seek whatever knowledge or information that are available around me... with help and guidance from my beloved parents and sister, i was able to read when i was about 3... and before i was 4, i was able to recognize and memorize many well known public figure and great leaders such as Margaret Thatcher, Corazon Aquino, Rajiv Gandhi and some local ministers... i am curious to know on what's happening and who's who in the world... although i do watch cartoons and read comics, but i really love to watch news and read newspapers... for me, it's kinda weird for a 4 year old kid, but that was me, really...

when i was a kid, my abah brings me everywhere, especially when there will also be some prominent faces present... if i'm not mistaken, i was spotted by a reporter while i was reading a newspaper in some occasion in Raub... and he asked me "tengok gambar ke, dik?"... and i replied "tak lah, baca berita..." he just laugh, but as soon as i read every single word in the news, he stopped laughing and took me seriously... so the first interview started, and by april 1987, my story was published in a few local newspapers and i was also a guest in Selamat Pagi Malaysia...

curiosity continues to accompany me to my schooldays... being in a chinese primary school feeds my hunger for new things to learn, especially in language and culture... but in the same time, my curiosity started to harm me... i started smoking at a very young age, which i regretted very much... and i was also into shoplifting... thank god i never got caught... somehow curiosity had ignited me to do these things... but i do not solely blame it on curiosity, me myself is also guilty for whatever i was becoming then...

what i am trying to say is, we do need curiosity in our life... but what's really important is how and where we channel it... i had some up and downs in my life, and i've learnt my lesson the hard way...

No comments: