Thursday, May 7, 2009

finding a good friend in a bad place...


it's damn easy to find a movie that makes me laugh, but ones that me smile only comes by once in a while...

watching The Shawshank Redemption made me smile all the way... i know the movie is quite old, being released in 1994, but i never get the guts to watch it before... movies that won too many awards somehow scares me...

i never thought that a movie about prison life, can be full of life and as aspiring as this one... it's like watching three different movies in the same time (not because of the total running time of more than 2 hours, but due to its interesting plots and good storyline)... i guess stephen king is not only good in writing ghost stories and mysteries after all... casting Morgan Freeman as Red was already a good idea, but having him to do the narration as well was brilliant... it wouldn't be the same if it was done by Andy himself...

i was having a hard time to choose which line is my favourite in this movie, since every single thing that came out of their mouth means something... however, these are a few points to ponder...

Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. -Red

Get busy living, or get busy dying. -Andy


2 comments:

Farah said...

my all-time fav movie..

heretic preacher said...

same la kite kak... definitely going into my list of repeatedly-watched-movies...